Back to the Basics of Monthly Budgeting 038
Our monthly budget changed our life, literally.
Our marriage is stronger in many ways because we manage our money together as a couple.
Check out this list, in bullet point format, that explains a few of the reasons we we think budgeting kick ass…
What a budget allows us to accomplish:
- We survived on one income for two years and could have indefinitely because we stuck to our budget.
- We established financial habits that will last a lifetime.
- A budget allowed us to take responsibility for our financial success (and failures too!!).
What a budget means to us:
- Its like a safety net that allows freedom within the proper parameters. (Healthy boundaries that we established for our lives)
- Out of control feeling of fear turns into an organized feeling of amazing control.
- Get to know each other better, improve our relationship. (Sexy time!)
Never move beyond the basics:
- We’ve done a monthly budget almost every month for four years! (I think we’ve skipped it four times in four years.)
- Working on and never moving beyond the basics is important for ongoing success.
Cash envelope system:
- We are getting back to using the cash envelope system, starting now, we aren’t waiting until the first of the year to start, why wait?!
- The habits we formed using the cash envelope system helped us so much in the beginning. We are returning to the basics and it feels great! We’ve gotten a little lazy and want to get fit again.
-Derek, Carrie, Amelie.
Grab our e-book 4 1/2 Conversation Starters.
This little e-book is perfect for any married couple who wants to start the conversation on money.
Drop your email in here and the book will be emailed to you.