March Budget 2014 (With Feb recap) Olsen Monthly Budget
Marching right along…
(Explanation for why we post our financials.)
March 2014 monthly budget with Feb recap:
|Feb / March 2014||Feb Budget||Feb Actual||Difference||March Budget|
|Car tag / title / tax||0||0||0||0|
|Car gas / oil||400||279||121||260|
|Income – Spending||-829||-1,278||-449||115|
- We had a couple of unexpected gifting opportunities come up in Feb.
- Baby Olsen is due April 2nd! We have paid our midwife in full ($3400). We should be getting about half of that back during March/April after insurance and HSA process all the paperworks. We are planning for maternity / birth / newborn photos of around $333 each. ($333 in March, April, May. $1,000 total. Yes, we are already very proud parents!)
- March will be final payment for braces! Carrie should get her braces off in March or April.
- We are still putting some money into the business (Better Conversations with Derek and Carrie) and hope to be turning a profit soon. (The
price you payinvestment necessary for taking charge and pursuing your dreams.)
- Our March income will most likely be $1,000-$1,500 higher than the $5240 shown. This depends on when the midwife/baby delivery payments are processed through insurance and HSA. We don’t want to count on that money coming in, so that is why we did not include it. Not that it won’t come in, but we just want to be pleasantly surprised when the money does come in. Also, it might be April before we actually see the money.
- We put $500 in the baby category for any last minute purchases. We have been very lucky to have so many family, friends, and co-workers give us just about everything we need for our baby. Thank you!
- Yup, rent is still zero. Find out why.
Net worth: 1st quarter 2014
- View 2014 1st quarter net worth here.
- Our net worth is going up faster now that we increased the amount we are paying on student loans AND increased the amount we are putting into Carrie’s 401(k)
- Payments on braces will end in March, but I don’t think we will realistically be able to save that money. Most of our HSA will then shift to baby related costs.
- We shall see how the new addition to the family affects our overall financial situation. Stay tuned!
-Derek, Carrie, Amelie
Grab our (free) e-book 4 1/2 Conversation Starters. Drop your email in the box below.
Why do we post our financial information online? Answer.