May 2014 budget (with April recap) Olsen Monthly Budget
As always, this is why we post our budget.
|April / May 2014||April Budget||April Actual||Difference||May Budget|
|Car tag / title / tax||0||0||0||0|
|Car gas / oil||250||260||10||300|
|Income – Spending||946||2466||-376|
- Income was lower that expected. We thought we would be reimbursed for baby Olsen birth expenses in April. We did get reimbursed, but it wasn’t until early May. So, May income will balance things out.
- Taxes: We really need to pay our 1st quarter taxes for the 1099 work that we do. Just can’t seem to find the will power to log in and give my hard earned money over to the government. Gee, wonder why?
- Carrie and I are in Chicago right now for a conference for Carrie’s work. Her expenses will be reimbursed, mine (obviously) will not. (I’m just here for the fun, oh, and to take care of our one month old girl so that Carrie can actually attend the conference.) I think all of the conference expenses will come out of and then go back into our personal bank account during May.
- Our entire world has changed. The birth of our first ‘lil one (baby girl, Amelie) has changed our lives forever. If you don’t have kids, you have been told all about how much your life changes when you do have kids. If you do have kids, you know what I am talking about. Carrie is on maternity leave from her job. Her income was 100% for the first few weeks, then it goes down a (non-disclosed %) for a few weeks, then it goes down to almost zero after that.
- With the new baby, things have already changed drastically. We have had several very long conversations about what our new lives will look like with our new baby girl. And of course, what does it all mean for us financially speaking. For the time being, I will be a stay at home dad while Carrie goes back to work. My work life is flexible and some of my work is done at night anyway.
- We are unsure about our future lives. We are moving forward with both excitement and a little hesitation. Stay tuned, I am sure some big (and scary) changes are coming!
Welcome to the world, lil baby!
-Derek, Carrie, Amelie
Grab our (free) e-book 4 1/2 Conversation Starters. Drop your email in the box below.
Why do we post our financial information online? Answer.